Friday, August 6, 2010

Grace vs Mercy

One of my friends sent me a word of encouragement today - this comes after an evening of pain that only a mother will bear from one of her children:

"Moms are the closest thing to Jesus this world knows. They are always there and they love us through our proudest victories and our most destructive choices. But Our Father in heaven is familiar with the heartbreak of watching His children choose separation and brokeness over His love and true life. Noone knows how you feel right now better than He does. I know His heart breaks with yours sister. Hold tight to His Word. It's where He shows us how we are to respond in this exact circumstance.  Love you girl."

What kinder thing can a friend send to encourage me - from one mom to another.  I am blessed that I have a network of Godly women and men around me. 

I am still struggling with this new decision that we have been handed down.  I am reminded of the following:

Grace is getting what you don't deserve. Mercy is when you DON'T get what you DO deserve.

I dont deserve anything - I am a wretched sinner, but by HIS BLOOD, I am saved by Grace through Faith.
I will give Mercy - I am commanded to do so...
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.  Matthew 7:12

So I will just try to get a little more acquainted with Grace and Mercy...Getting and Giving...

Father, protect my family; carry us through the hurt and disappointment of the recent days and weeks.  Give us peace that passes all understanding.  Remind us that you are the Shepherd and we are but the sheep.  Help us fix our eyes upon you - and grow us in your love and compassion.  Teach us to remember what we are here to do - Receive the Grace we do not deserve, and Freely show Mercy to those around us and to ourselves.  Father shine your light at our feet so we can follow you.  Remove our chains of bondage to this world and allow us to relish in the understanding that this fleshly world is only temporary and what You have for us in eternity is far greater.  Bless us as we follow you and gently remind us to stay the course.  I lay my Isaac at your feet.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment