Sunday, August 22, 2010

God in the Grocery Game...

Before the Grocery game I spent as much or more that I spend now on groceries and we never had anything to eat it seemed.  I would plan meals and when the pay period was over we were scrounging for ways to make what we had (as little as it seemed at times) go a little farther.  Then one evening one of my daughter's friend's mom was running late from work and would not be able to get to the after school program on time.  Since we knew this child and I had talked to the mom a few times, I offered to bring them home to my house and let this child hang out with my kids for a while till mom could come.  Then mom got there and was telling us how she was going "Grocery Gaming" that evening.  Of course I was wondering what is this Grocery Game...  so I asked her to tell me more.  That was the beginning of a wonderful relationship between me and my coupons...  Only GOD could have orchestrated this when we needed it so desparately at that time...  Fast forward to today and you might just ask yourself:

Where else can you spend a couple of hours of preparation and over the course of two weeks come out ahead of the game on your groceries?  Do you wonder what it is I am talking about?  Well settle in and learn a little my friend.  I have been subscribing to a little thing called The Grocery Game.  You can find it at http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ .  I save big percentages every week.  Prior to the last couple of weeks I was getting a pretty good average usually saving betweek 30-50 percent but more often than not, I was much closer to the lower end of that percentage.  In the last couple of weeks I have been going on to all of the additional sites out there looking for coupons that are printable and ones that can be loaded to my grocery reward card.  I think I may have hit the mother load.  Last week I purchased $316.18 worth of groceries and I paid a mere 128.83 for a savings of $187.35 or 59%.  This was one of the highest savings I have had until today.  Today I went shopping and purchased $203.24 worth of groceries for a measly $66.22 for a savings of $134.02 or... thats right...  uh huh... 66%!!!!!  I have only paid in the last two weeks $195.05 for my groceries that were worth $519.42...  Allow me to break this down for you...  I budget 125 per week on groceries.  We take our lunches to work/school almost every day.  For the last two weeks I am UNDER budget.  This is a GOD thing!  We are being good stewards of our money and now HE is rewarding us.  We are using Dave's system and it is all coming together.  God in the Grocery Game...  At least for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment