Tuesday, April 10, 2012

God in the "No"

Have you ever had one of those THINGS happen - the kind of thing that makes you stop and scratch your head and wonder? You might even ask yourself why?  That happened to me tonight.  I received a series of strange text messages followed by a call from a person from my past wondering "where can I come up with $900"...  I have to wonder if this was one of those passive ways of asking if they could borrow the money.  Of course my first thought is to want to help - but this person is not someone who can be helped.  This person doesn't do well with help - this person does better with hand-outs.  I cannot hand-out to this person.  I have a family to think of. 

I woke my husband up from sleep to let him know what had occured.  We are in agreement - and that feels great.  We cannot help with money - but we will help with prayer.  So if you are one of the very few that follow this blog - please pray for this person - God knows their name.  Just pray for them - and for us.

Sometimes I even see God in the "no".

No comments:

Post a Comment