Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My heart mourns for a stranger...

It surprises me how much my heart mourns for a stranger.

I, like so many others, have Facebook. I have used it to pass the time, to connect to old friends, to connect to old acquaintenances (not sure I spelled that one right and pretty sure I dont care), and keep up with what is going on with current friends when I dont take the time to stay in touch... yes you read that right, I am admitting that I dont take the time to be a better friend... but at least I accept this. This morning on my way to work, while stopped at the light nearest the highway, I looked at the Facebook application on my phone to read the latest.

I read about fish for adoption, crops that need fertilizing, and other general comments. Then I read the comment that broke my heart. A high-school friend of mine that I follow only on Facebook had updated her status. This friend was mourning and rejoicing at the same time, you see her good friend, perhaps her best friend, had gone to live with Jesus. I did not know this person, but through Facebook and through my old friend's page, I learned about this amazing woman. She was Mom, Wife and most of all she loves JESUS!! I say that she "loves" instead of she "loved" because I believe she gets to love him in the present and in the forever in a very real and intimate way. I dont know her, but I call her a sister because she loves JESUS as do I. I mourn for her child and her husband, as I think how horribly painful it must be for them, and it makes me so thankful, even more thankful than I am already for my perfectly imperfect family. I am so thankful for my Hubby, and my Kids. Without them I dont know if I could make myself breathe another breath.

And so my heart mourns for a stranger...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ginger Smith
    you don't know me and I don't know you and I have been following the carepage on another friend has carepage and end up seeing the carepage for this lady and I stared to follow the carepage and heart broken when I found out she was so sick and been praying for the hole family and it is sad to know shes gone she's with Jesus dancing for Joy I love what you had writen about her it mad me cry I dint put the name because I know you don't want that so I kept her name out for you,I dint know her or her family and still prayed still am for this family you have a great blog i hope you dint mind me coming on it to see it its a great blog you did thats all I wanted to say was this is a great note you did Bless your heart.from Lisa

    ReplyDelete