Thursday, August 19, 2010

God in the Money Mill...

I am challenging myself to be more observant of my surroundings...  Not in the traditional sense, but in the GOD sense.  I know that GOD is everywhere, I just want to challenge myself to see it - to be more aware.  So today I was thinking about our finances.  We are on the "Dave Ramsey" diet.  For all intensive purposes this means that we are as frugle as possible.  One of my frugalities is the "Money Mill"  you drop in your change and over time you find you have many dollars...  Allow me to explain...  Imagine the wonderous sound of a gently whirring motor, this whirring is accompanied by ching ching...ching ching ching.  The whirring is the sweet sound of the motor turning the plastic plate that gently and swiftly encourages each shiny, beautiful coin into its slender plastic sleeve... as each coin is guided into its home, it meets the final resting place... ching.  Then of course the next hand full of glorious coinage is dropped into the holy grail of personal change management.  As, over time, the mill is fed day in and day out - eventually each of the sleeves is filled to capacity.  More magic happens as each tube of coins is then transfered to its paper wrapper, which I like to think of as the gift wrap that my coins turned to dollars are each wrapped in.  Sometimes, when several tubes are ready for harvest at the same time, it feels like hitting the Cycle...  it is so exhilirating.  What's more, with each wrapped tube of coins there is a little more money saved to pay of a specific bill, or to buy that thing that I would never budget for.  It is so worth it!!  Not everyone understands this...  You should have seen the look on that clerks face when I told her I had been saving my pennies, then after she rang up my tennies - I pulled a gallon zippy bag out of my purse with $47.50 in rolled change...  PRICELESS. 

You may be wondering where I can see GOD in this...  Allow me to explain.  A year ago we where struggling to make ends meet.  It was so hard to always say to the kids "we cant afford that".  Then we found Dave Ramsey.  This was a GOD thing.  As we began to name every dollar and put them into envelopes so that we knew where our money was and where it was going, we were finding ourselves on a cash basis.  Suddenly the coins began to collect.  When you pay for something with your budgeted money and you find that you are given .29 in change you just dont even think about it.  Then over time and many transactions being good stewards of what we were entrusted there is a surplus of coins...  Now I am able to enjoy the sound of the Money Mill all because of the plan that GOD put into my life and our budget.  Oh how sweet it is...  If I can find HIM here, I can know I can find him elsewhere...  I wonder where I will see HIM tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment