Tuesday, August 31, 2010

God in the Changes

Yesterday - one of my co-workers noticed a shirt I was wearing and commented on it looking nice on me - then she said it would be even better if you would just do...  Some may think that was tacky - but this person who made this series of comments is someone that I know and trust.  For all intensive purposes I consider her family.  She wanted me to realize that for the last three years I have been giving all I had to the situation with my son.  Now that has come to a completion, so she ever so gently reminded me that I need to take care of me.  It was a touching moment for me, then...

I got an email from one of my friends from church.  It was a devotional about how we see ourselves and that we should see what Jesus sees.

This got me to thinking, I need to be happy with me, and part of that is taking time for myself.  So today I got on the eliptical machine that has been collecting dust in my room.  I spent fifteen hard minutes listening to praise and worship music and trying not to think about what I was doing.  My thighs were burning and my heart rate was climbing.  The next thing I know I have serious sweat dripping down my neck.  All this and it was only fifteen minutes.  I realize now that what I need to do for me is get in better shape.  I know that I am what God has designed on the inside - but now I need to work on the outside - but not for anyone other than for me.  I will do my best to get in some exercise and eat better...  I and going to do this - a little at a time.  And when the day comes that I have made some headway - I will know that God is in the changes...  the changes in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment