Thursday, April 8, 2010

Perspective

How can I get a new perspective?  I read books, and blogs, and talk to my friends and mentors.  But still I see black as black and white as white, that is until I open the pages of my BIBLE.  That is when the colors of the rainbow show themselves to me...  I see Joseph's coat of many colors.  I see the red dust that was brushed off the sandals of the disciples, I see the the blue waters of the flood and the green leaves of the olive branch.  I see each and every color and can now get a perspective.  It is not about what I see or how I see it, it is about what Christ experienced and how we have been saved through HIM.  How awesome the colors are before my eyes... 

I have now my new perspective and it is creeping into everything I do and say.  I am humbled that by His Spirit I am able to effect changes in myself and be a positive example to others.  I read the parables and the stories.  I have read from the Old Testament and the New.  I like to read the Psalms and the Proverbs as I glean so much from them.  I am so thankful that I have an instruction manual for my life - and I am double thankful that it allows me to have a new and fresh perspective each time I open the covers and allow Christ to speak to me through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment