Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hiding HIS words in my heart...

Memorizing is not something I am good at.  My daughter, however, is amazing.  She has recently taken to memorizing Bible Verses - not just the verse but usually the verses before and after so that it is in context and it "makes sense" to her.  Oh how I envy her (not in the Cardinal Sin kind of way just a little green around the edges).  I have never had an easy time of that.  Now I understand and can tell you the summary of the verse and how it applies, but to actually memorize and be able to recite chapter and verse - that just blows my mind. 

Though I have been one of God's chosen since I was quite young, I never really studied my Bible, never had an interest, but in the last 10 years or so I have become interested.  Recently my interest has been even greater.  At church we have been going through Ephesians, and I love it, I finally know where to go when reminding my kids that they are supposed to "honor (read: MIND) their father and mother..." It is in there, really it is and my teenage son, well he thought I was joking until I read it to him and pointed it out.  I love that all the answers to lifes questions are right there contained in the pages of HIS words.  How great is that!!  I do however wish I had a slightly more exhaustive concordance at times.  I know I have his words hidden in my heart somewhere, I just think I may have hidden them so well, I cant even find them myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment